Snowed in this weekend? Save 30% on Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp!
The forecast is a bit dismal for most of the United States this weekend! Major snowstorms in the Midwest and on the East Coast plus huge rain storms on the West Coast. Who wants to go out in weather like that?
Why not catch up on your DNA and genealogy education? We’ve added extra seats to our GoToWebinar license just for the LIVE online Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy event since we expect a huge turnout based on recent registration numbers. PLUS as an incentive we’ve dropped the sale price from $25.99 USD to just $17.99 USD!
Click HERE to pay and register all in one step!
Don’t Waste Your DNA Test Results!
Click HERE to read a recent article by DNA expert Mary Eberle, JD explaining why it is important to use your DNA test results for more than just ethnicity estimates! Mary covers the steps needed to connect with cousins and other family members. She will demonstrate this technique and share more tips and tricks in Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy!
Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy
Have you taken one or more DNA test, but really haven’t made an effort to start using the information for genealogy research? Also, are you sure you used the right type of DNA test or the best DNA testing vendor?
Lately, so much has changed in the DNA landscape. If one of your genealogy goals is to really “up your DNA genealogy game” and make a solid commitment to using DNA and connect with other testers then the Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp is for you! The first webinar provides an introduction to DNA testing. The second webinar focuses on using autosomal DNA for genealogical research.
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts!
- Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
Want to start using DNA for genealogy research but want guidance on the best approach? Received your DNA results and want a better understanding of them? This talk covers DNA basics, available tests, where to test, and how to develop your DNA testing plan.
- Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
Autosomal DNA (atDNA) provides the valuable information for most genealogists. It covers all branches of your family tree back 5-8 (or even more) generations. Learn how to analyze your atDNA test results and how to find common ancestors with your DNA matches.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of just $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by 11:59 pm CST Thursday, January 17, 2019 and receive $8 off the registration price for only $17.99! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you will still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 11:00 am EST / 10:00 am CST
Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
- 12:30 pm EST/11:30 am CST
- 1:00 pm EST /12:00 pm CST
Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
- 2:30 pm EST / 1:30 pm CST
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. His latest endeavor is Abundant Genealogy, a site filled with free resources for genealogists and family historians of all skill levels.
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
NOTE: We’ve improved our registration process so that once you make payment, you are automatically registered via GoToWebinar for the DNA Boot Camp. However, GoToWebinar uses the email address used to make payment for registration! If you want to be notified at another email address, please contact us at email@example.com
- Click HERE to make payment via Paypal using a credit card. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment!
- Check your junk email and spam folders for an email from GoToWebinar confirming your registration for the DNA Boot Camp.
- IMPORTANT: If you encounter any problems making payment, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can create a Paypal invoice and email it to you making it easier to pay.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive “reminder” emails 1 day and 1 hour before the start of the Boot Camp. IMPORTANT: SAVE THESE EMAILS since they contain your “connection” link to the live webinars.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handouts so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.