DNA Boot Camp Digital Downloads with Genetic Genealogy Expert Mary Eberle, JD
Thomas MacEntee has produced a series of DNA Boot Camps covering a variety of topics with genetic genealogy expert Mary Eberle, JD. View the offerings below or use this short list to jump to a specific topic.
- DNA Boot Camp Bundle – includes all DNA Boot Camp digital downloads
Get the ENTIRE series of 8 DNA Boot Camps from 2017 to 2019 listed below for one low price and save! Regularly $234 USD, you pay just $199.99 USD!
Have you taken one or more DNA test, but really haven’t made an effort to start using the information for genealogy research? Also, are you sure you used the right type of DNA test or the best DNA testing vendor?
Lately, so much has changed in the DNA landscape. If one of your genealogy goals is to really “up your DNA genealogy game” and make a solid commitment to using DNA and connect with other testers then the Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp is for you!
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts!
- Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research: Want to start using DNA for genealogy research but want guidance on the best approach? Received your DNA results and want a better understanding of them? This talk covers DNA basics, available tests, where to test, and how to develop your DNA testing plan.
- Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research: Autosomal DNA (atDNA) provides the most useful information for most genealogists. Learn how to analyze your atDNA test results and how to find common ancestors with your DNA matches.
Recorded January 19, 2019
The GEDMatch and Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches Boot Camp is designed for people who’ve already tested but who want to do more with their DNA test results. The first webinar covers the website, GEDMatch, which has been in the news lately. It’s a free genealogical website that can help with your research. The second webinar covers ways of determining who your matches are—even if they don’t respond to your emails or messages.
GEDMatch recently made major changes (and improvements) to its site and has opened access to GEDMatch Genesis. DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters will focus on how GEDMatch Genesis differs from the old site and the new tools and features included in the upgrade.
If you’re ready, then GEDMatch and Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches digital download is for you! Get over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts!
- GEDMatch – Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches: GEDMatch is a free, third-party website offering additional tools to interpret your DNA results. Tools include a chromosome browser. GEDMatch accepts DNA test results from DNA testing companies, such as Ancestry, FTDNA, and 23andMe. It can be a great way to find new matches. Learn how to use this helpful website.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have DNA matches, but no names, let alone trees? Oftentimes, their identities can be found, and your family’s connection to them! Learn about clues to figure out who they are and other important information. DNA testing companies provide many clues. Explore resources to investigate your DNA matches, including free and subscription-based websites.
Recorded February 16, 2019
The X-DNA for Genealogical Research Boot Camp is designed for people who’ve already tested but who want to do more with their DNA test results. X-DNA can be mysterious since no company sells a stand-alone X-DNA test. Instead, it’s included with autosomal DNA tests. Another reason that it can be mysterious is because of its unique inheritance pattern. With the X-DNA for Genealogical Research Boot Camp you’ll learn how and when X-DNA can help your genealogical research.
- X-DNA for Genealogical Research: What is X-DNA and when can it help answer research questions? Know where to find your X-DNA matches. Understand how men and women differently inherit X-DNA. This will unleash the power of X-DNA.
- Case Studies with X-DNA: We’ll explore several examples where X-DNA provided crucial information to answer the research question. Each example includes the steps needed to find the X-DNA shared with the match(es). We’ll also discuss how the relevant family tree branches were identified, as well as the conclusions that were drawn.
Recorded March 16, 2019
Have you been using the information learned about in the Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp? Or maybe you missed the first boot camp, but you have a basic understanding of using DNA for genealogy research? Have you discovered how to use other types of DNA tests such as Y-DNA, mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA in your research? If you’re ready, then Using Y-DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA for Genealogy Research Boot Camp is for you!
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts!
- Using Y-DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA for Genealogy Research: Understanding when these types of DNA can help (and when they won’t) is crucial. Learn how these types of DNA can be used to answer your genealogy questions.
- Case Studies with Hands-on Exercises: Y-DNA, Mitochondrial DNA, and X-DNA can be useful in the right situation. We’ll explore case studies where these types of DNA helped determine relationships between matches, find the birth parent, and more.
Recorded February 10, 2018
Have you tested your DNA with Ancestry and received your results? Are you confused not only by what they mean, but how to use them as part of your genealogy research? To be honest, I’m in the same boat! I tested back when the AncestryDNA test was in “beta” testing and I really haven’t put the results to use. I really want to not only understand my ethnic breakdown but also how to make the results part of my family history research.
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts with Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results Boot Camp!
- AncestryDNA: AncestryDNA has the largest database of people tested, helpful tools for analyzing your DNA test results, and many family trees posted by people who’ve tested. Learn how to interpret your DNA results from Ancestry.
- AncestryDNA Case Study: In this case study, we’ll go through one person’s AncestryDNA test results. We’ll delve into the steps to sort through his matches and make sense of them. You’ll see the progress and discoveries made in his family tree—all guided by his and his family’s DNA test results.
Recorded November 9, 2019
Have you tested your DNA with Family Tree DNA or 23andMe and received your results? Are you confused not only by what they mean, but how to use them as part of your genealogy research? And if you’ve tested with AncestryDNA or another company, why are the results somewhat different? Plus, if you’ve taken the Health part of the 23andMe test, what can you do with the results? There’s so much to learn with DNA testing and genetic genealogy. Right?
Interpreting Your FTDNA and 23andMe Results Boot Camp is probably the perfect way to learn how to put those test results to work in your genealogy research. Join DNA expert Mary Eberle for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts!
- Family Tree DNA: Learn how to navigate your autosomal results from FamilyTreeDNA (FTDNA). We’ll cover how to determine how much DNA is shared with matches and whether you’re really an X-DNA match. We’ll also explore FTDNA’s chromosome browser and matrix feature.
- 23andMe: Learn how understand your 23andMe results. This webinar covers both 23andMe’s Ancestry (genealogy) and the health kits. 23andMe has unique genealogical features, like mitochondrial and Y-haplogroups, matches’ ethnicity percentages, and your ethnicity on a chromosome-by-chromosome view.
Recorded December 14, 2019
Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts with Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates Boot Camp!
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; and 3) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
Recorded September 29, 2018
There is an explosion of DNA tools for delving into your DNA test results. In the first webinar of the What’s New in DNA Tools Boot Camp, we’ll review many tools so you can be informed about what’s available. The second webinar examines one tool, DNA Painter’s Profile tool, in detail. Profile lets you paint your chromosomes with your ancestors. Not only is this fun (and highly addicting), but it can help in genealogical research!
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts with What’s New in DNA Tools!
- What’s New in DNA Tools: Come explore new tools to analyze your DNA test results: we’ll review new tools from DNA testing companies including two of DNA Painter’s tools, as well as the Leeds method for clustering DNA matches, Genetic Affairs, and DNA Client from DNAGedcom.com. These tools provide new ways of analyzing DNA test results to maximize your DNA test results.
- Painting Your Chromosomes with Your Ancestors: Explore a new tool for painting your chromosomes: DNA Painter. You input DNA segments and ancestors shared with your matches. This information is displayed on your chromosomes in a colorful picture showing which DNA segments you inherited from your specific ancestors. Sharing the picture with new DNA matches helps pinpoint your common ancestors.
Recorded September 29, 2019
Adoption and unknown (or mis-attributed) parentage events—whether recent or in the past—can challenge genealogists. DNA can be a powerful tool for finding birth families. The first webinar will cover techniques and resources for this work. The second webinar will explore two case studies.
Join DNA expert Mary Eberle of DNA Hunters for over 3 hours of recorded webinars PLUS some amazing handouts with Finding Birth Families Using DNA!
- Using DNA for Adoption & Unknown Parentage Work: Every day, adoptees and others with unknown parents, such as foundlings and donor-conceived individuals find their birth families with DNA testing. To start, cousins are typically found through DNA testing. From this, the cousins’ family trees are examined for ancestors shared by multiple cousins. Family trees of the shared ancestors are built forward in time with the goal of finding the birth parent, grandparent, or other person of interest.
- Adoption & Unknown Parentage Case Studies: This webinar describes two case studies of using DNA to find birth parents. Learn the steps required for each case.
Recorded October 19, 2019
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.