Today is Monday, 16 March 2015 and here are some recent finds and discoveries to help you hack genealogy!
- DNA: 23andMe plans to move beyond genetic testing to making drugs (via The Verge)
- DNA: The DNA Era: Precision Medicine, Health, Fitness – new Indiegogo crowdfunding project for DNA data flash drive by Genisys (via Indiegogo)
- FamilySearch Records Update: FamilySearch Adds More Than 2.2 Million Indexed Records and Images to Australia, Philippines, Slovakia, Ukraine, the United States, and Zimbabwe (via FamilySearch)
- Data Storage: Hard Drives, SSDs, Flash Drives: How Long Will Your Storage Media Last? (via makeuseof)
- Origins.net: Origins.net to close down in next few days (via Irish Genealogy News)
- Place My Past: According to a recent email to its users, Place My Past will be ceasing operations on 19 March 2015. The reason: its dependency on a program called Freebase for its datasets – Freebase will be retired by Google shortly (via Place My Past)
New Apps, Features, Gadgets and Websites – Oh My!
- Google: A Guide to Google Tools – Tips & Tricks You Can’t Live Without (via makeuseof)
- Google: Check out the new game Google Feud where you guess how Google will auto complete a search!
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.