UPDATE: This event is now SOLD OUT! Please click here for more information.
Just what is this program called Scrivener* that everyone keeps talking about? And how can you use it for your genealogy and family history projects? Scrivener by is a combination word processor and project management tool that’s affordable and simple to use. Priced under $50, this powerful application seamlessly takes you from idea to outline to finished product. Whether you are a blogger, an aspiring author, or a genealogist looking to share your family history findings, Scrivener can help you plot, organize, and publish your writing.
Already using Scrivener? You might be surprised at even some of the “secrets” you may not know that are important for a solid understanding of how to make Scrivener work for you. Here’s what you’ll get from this new Boot Camp:
- Learn all the basics you will need to get up and running with Scrivener, including how to start, edit, and format a genealogy/family history writing project using Scrivener’s built-in templates.
- Review the key components of the Scrivener interface, and its four main modes: Outline, Document View, Corkboard, and Scrivenings.
- Get practical tips for using Scrivener to “storyboard” your family history.
- Learn how to store notes, citations, images, and research materials and use keyboard shortcuts and Quick Command keys to access many of Scrivener’s main functions and project and interface shortcuts right from your keyboard.
- Briefly review the options for compiling your finished draft for printing or exporting for final formatting.
* NOTE: It is highly recommended that you download the free trial version of Scrivener (Available for Mac or Windows) before the boot camp in order to maximize your learning experience. Visit the Literature and Latte web store at http://www.getscrivener.com for your free trial.
Sign Up for the Scrivener Mini Boot Camp Today!
With the Scrivener Mini Boot Camp you’ll receive 1.5 hours of educational content for a special low price of $7.95! You’ll receive an extensive handout, a special Scrivener “freebie” created by instructor Lisa Alzo, as well access to the recorded version of the webinar for up to one year!
Register by Monday, 26 January 2015 and receive $3 off the registration price for a low $4.95! Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handout, the freebie and access to the recording!
Saturday 31 January 2015
Duration: 1.5 hours
11:00 am EST /10:00 am CDT
Getting Started with Scrivener
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
Lisa Alzo – Presenter
Lisa A. Alzo is a freelance writer, instructor, and lecturer with over 20 years’ experience in the field of genealogy. She earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in Nonfiction Writing from the University of Pittsburgh, and is the author of nine books, including: Finding Your Slovak Ancestors, Writing Your Family History Book, and the award-winning Three Slovak Women. Lisa has written hundreds of articles and her work has appeared in Family Tree Magazine, Family Chronicle, Internet Genealogy, APG Quarterly, among others. An internationally recognized speaker, Lisa blogs as “The Accidental Genealogist” blog http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com. For more information see http://www.lisaalzo.com.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He’s also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click the button above to go to PayPal and make payment or click here. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- IMPORTANT: If you use a different email address for Paypal than your normal email address PLEASE LET US KNOW! We have not way of sending you the registration link or password otherwise! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a link to register for the webinar.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the password for the webinar as well as links to the handout and freebie so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use for a period of one (1) year. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and set to play only on a specific page here at Hack Genealogy. A password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee