Are you ready to take your Scrivener skills to the next level? Perhaps you have been exploring how to use this combination word processor and project management tool for your genealogy/family history writing projects. Now, it’s time to build on the introductory instruction of the Getting Started with Scrivener Mini Boot Camp and tap into the true power of Scrivener.
Here’s what you will get in Scrivener II: Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp:
- Review the Scrivener interface, and its four main modes: Outline, Document View, Corkboard, and Scrivenings.
- Learn how to use Scrivener’s organizational tools such as labels, collections, the outliner, project notes, scratch pad, and more!
- Get tips on how the best ways to import research files and other content, and how to customize your Scrivener experience.
- Learn how to do more with the “Inspector” and how to use it to monitor your work.
- Develop a better understanding of working with revisions, printing, compiling, and exporting your work.
- Walk through a mini-writing project from start to finish: starting with a template, and following it through writing mode, corkboard mode, and outline mode.
- And much more!
*Pre-Requisite: To get the most out of this boot camp, it is highly recommended that attendees watch the “Getting Started with Scrivener” Boot Camp video (http://hackgenealogy.com/scrivener-miniboot-camp-started-scrivener/) or have experience using Scrivener on their own. Also, if you haven’t done so, it is also highly recommended that you download the free trial version of Scrivener (Available for Mac or Windows) at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/index.php before the boot camp in order to maximize your learning experience.
Bonus Handout: In addition to the webinar handout, attendees will receive a free “Family History Writer Toolkit” complete with links to Scrivener resources and an “Ancestor Profile” template (Mac and Windows versions) [Note: The templates will be .scriv files, designed to work specifically with the Scrivener program].
For up to one year from the purchase date, you’ll have unlimited access and learn how to use a Scrivener as a project manager for your family history writing projects and how Scrivener can help improve your writing! Price: $9.99!
50% Off at Hack Genealogy Boot Camp! Here’s a special sale on all non-DNA related digital downloads by Lisa Alzo, Michelle Patient and Thomas MacEntee – nationally known genealogy educators and authors. These items will no longer be available for sale as of September 1, 2017 so this is your last chance to purchase these downloads! IMPORTANT: Use must use promo code BYEBYE at checkout to save on these downloads!
Check Out the Hack Genealogy Store
You can also purchase a commercial version of this past week’s boot camp event if you want to use it for your genealogy society’s upcoming meeting. Click here to visit the Hack Genealogy Store for more information and to purchase a copy of previous Hack Genealogy Boot Camp materials.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee