Ladies First: Finding Your Female Ancestors Mini Boot Camp – Saturday, March 5, 2016
It’s no secret that following the female lines in your family tree can often be a frustrating process. Most historical records were created for or about men. Men controlled the government and ran most businesses. Property was listed under a man’s name, and it was the male’s surname that carried to the next generation. But while looking for the ladies can be challenging, it’s not impossible. There’s no shortage of available resources to help trace your maternal ancestry—you just need to know where to look!
Here’s what you will get in Ladies First: Finding Your Female Ancestors Mini Boot Camp:
- Learn about solid and successful strategies for finding females in your family tree.
- Get practical tips for teasing out maiden names in online and offline resources.
- Discover how underused sources such as oral histories, family traditions, diaries, letters and more can help you understand the daily lives of your female ancestors.
- Learn brick wall strategies and creative solutions for solving special research problems.
- Find the best way to tell “her” story in blogs, profiles, or in a book through bonus writing tips.
Bonus Handout: In addition to the webinar handout, attendees will receive a free resource checklist and another exclusive offer available to only to those who register for the live webinar!
Sign Up for the Female Ancestors Mini Boot Camp Today!
With the Female Ancestors Mini Boot Camp you’ll receive 1.5 hours of educational content for a special low price of $7.95! You’ll receive an extensive handout, a special “freebie” created by instructor Lisa Alzo, as well access to the recorded version of the webinar!
Click HERE to register!
Register by Wednesday, 2 March 2016, and receive $2 off the registration price for a low $5.95! Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handout, the freebie and access to the recording!
Saturday 5 March 2016
Duration: 1.5 hours
- 11:00 am EST /10:00 am CST
Ladies First: Finding Your Female Ancestors
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
Lisa Alzo – Presenter
Lisa A. Alzo is a freelance writer, instructor, and lecturer, and writing coach with over 26 years’ experience in the field of genealogy. She earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in Nonfiction Writing from the University of Pittsburgh, and is the author of ten books, including: The Family Tree Polish, Czech, and Slovak Genealogy Guide, Finding Your Slovak Ancestors, Writing Your Family History Book, and the award-winning Three Slovak Women. Lisa has written hundreds of articles and her work has appeared in Family Tree Magazine, Family Chronicle/Your Genealogy Today, Internet Genealogy, APG Quarterly, among others. An internationally recognized speaker, Lisa blogs as “The Accidental Genealogist” http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com, where she has hosted the popular “Fearless Females Blogging Prompt” series each March since 2010. For more information see http://www.lisaalzo.com.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He’s also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click HERE to register. Once you register you will need to make payment via Paypal. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- IMPORTANT: If you use a different email address for Paypal than your normal email address PLEASE LET US KNOW! We need a valid working email to send you reminders and the follow up materials after the webinar! Email us at email@example.com.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a link to access the webinar on Saturday, March 5th.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handout and freebie so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee