Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp – Saturday, 25 March 2017
I have a confession to make. I’ve done several DNA tests (AncestryDNA and 23andMe), but I really haven’t made an effort to start using the information for genealogy research. Also, when I took my first test, I wasn’t sure if I selected the right one so I just went with the basic test. This all happened in late 2014 and early 2015.
Fast forward to 2017, and so much has changed in the DNA landscape. One of my personal and professional goals for this year is to really “up my DNA genealogy game” and make a solid commitment to not only using the test data I already have, but also venture out with different tests and also connect with other testers.
Want to join me on this journey? Well, I thought the best way to make some progress was to host some DNA genealogy boot camps and to work with someone who is an expert in the field. If you’re ready (I know I am!) you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our first event entitled Getting Started with DNA and Genealogy Boot Camp on Saturday, 25 March 2017.
You’re not going to believe the amazing LOW PRICE of this educational opportunity PLUS the topics we’ll cover. I’ll be your host and moderator while Mary lays it all out for us AND answers your questions live during each webinar.
- Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
Presented by: Mary Eberle
Want to start using DNA for genealogy research but want guidance on the best approach? Received your DNA results and want a better understanding of them? This talk covers DNA basics, available tests, where to test, and how to develop your DNA testing plan.
- Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
Presented by: Mary Eberle
Autosomal DNA (atDNA) provides the most useful information for most genealogists. Learn how to analyze your atDNA test results and how to find common ancestors with your DNA matches.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, 20 March 2017 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Saturday 25 March 2017
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 11:00 am EDT / 10:00 am CDT
Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
- 12:30 pm EDT/11:30 am CDT
- 1:00 pm EDT /12:00 pm CDT
Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
- 2:30 pm EDT / 1:30 pm CDT
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He’s also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click HERE to register. Once you register you will need to make payment via Paypal. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- IMPORTANT: If you use a different email address for Paypal than your normal email address PLEASE LET US KNOW! We need a valid working email to send you reminders and the follow up materials after the webinar! Email us at email@example.com.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive “reminder” emails 1 day and 1 hour before the start of the Boot Camp. IMPORTANT: save this link – it is your only access point to the live event!
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handouts so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.