NEW! 50% Off at Hack Genealogy Boot Camp! Here’s a special sale on all non-DNA related digital downloads by Lisa Alzo, Michelle Patient and Thomas MacEntee – nationally known genealogy educators and authors. These items will no longer be available for sale as of September 1, 2017 so this is your last chance to purchase these downloads! IMPORTANT: Use must use promo code BYEBYE at checkout to save on these downloads!
- Eastern European Genealogy: Curious about your East European roots but don’t know where to begin? Many people get interested researching their Eastern European ancestors because they want to learn more about where their family came from—specifically, to find out which ancestors came over from the “old country” and when. Whether your ancestors were Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian, or hailed from another location in the heart of Europe, this boot camp will help you jumpstart your research. Presented by Lisa Alzo. Regular price $12.99, now just $6.49! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Genealogy Writing: Back to Basics: Craft a Compelling Family History Narrative from Start to Finish: Want to write your family’s story but don’t know where to begin? You’ll learn the basics of crafting a compelling family history narrative in simple, manageable steps. Discover how overcome writer’s block and use key techniques and tools for documenting your ancestors’ lives, or your own life story. 10 Secrets You Should Know to Survive Microsoft Word: While Microsoft Word – part of the Microsoft Office Suite – is one of the most dynamic software programs for document creation, various features can quickly turn into frustrating annoyances. Do you have problems with headings that won’t stay put? Margins that seem to change suddenly? Spacing issues? Does text pasted from the Internet get unruly? Learn how to tame Microsoft Word and get it to work for you, not against you! Soon you’ll have no fear of creating complex documents for your family history stories, genealogy research or your business functions. Presented by Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee. Regular price $12.99, now just $6.49! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Getting Started with Scrivener: Just what is this program called Scrivener* that everyone keeps talking about? And how can you use it for your genealogy and family history projects? Scrivener by is a combination word processor and project management tool that’s affordable and simple to use. Priced under $50, this powerful application seamlessly takes you from idea to outline to finished product. Whether you are a blogger, an aspiring author, or a genealogist looking to share your family history findings, Scrivener can help you plot, organize, and publish your writing. Already using Scrivener? You might be surprised at even some of the “secrets” you may not know that are important for a solid understanding of how to make Scrivener work for you. Presented by Lisa Alzo. Regular price $9.99, now just $4.99! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Getting Started with Trello: Have you ever wished for a whiteboard in the cloud where you could generate ideas, organize your genealogy research tasks, or storyboard your family history writing? Then, say “Hello” to Trello—a free project management tool to help you streamline your genealogy projects, tackle your “to-do” lists, and improve your workflow. Presented by Lisa Alzo. Regular price $9.99, now just $4.99! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Get Your Genealogy Groove Back: You’ll learn how to tackle the nagging issues that can suck all the fun out of family history research. 1) Do you always start the year off setting genealogy goals but you never seem to follow through? 2) Are you overwhelmed with the amount of data involved with genealogy research – to the point of walking away? 3) Want to develop better habits to manage genealogy projects and actually complete them? While our focus will be on genealogy and family history projects, you may become so successful that you start using these techniques to manage areas of your work and life! Presented by Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee. Regular price $12.99, now just $6.49! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Ladies First: Finding Your Female Ancestors: It’s no secret that following the female lines in your family tree can often be a frustrating process. Most historical records were created for or about men. Men controlled the government and ran most businesses. Property was listed under a man’s name, and it was the male’s surname that carried to the next generation. But while looking for the ladies can be challenging, it’s not impossible. There’s no shortage of available resources to help trace your maternal ancestry—you just need to know where to look! Presented by Lisa Alzo. Regular price $9.99, now just $4.99! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Mastering Evernote for Genealogy: Already think you know Evernote? You might be surprised at even some of the “basics” you may not know that are important for a solid understanding of Evernote. Here’s what you’ll get from this new Bootcamp: 1) Learn the basics of using Evernote including how to set up your account, how to create notes and notebooks, and how to organize items using tags and stacks; 2) Review the various apps and websites for Evernote and how to keep your data synchronized across multiple devices; 3) Practical applications for research that go beyond simple note taking: templates, tables, lists, scanning documents and more. We’ll even venture outside of the genealogy arena and show you how Evernote can become your own virtual assistant and keep your daily activities organized! Presented by Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee. Regular price $12.99, now just $6.49! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Newspaper Research Strategies: Through this special Boot Camp you’ll learn: 1) Which online newspaper resources are available for Australia, New Zealand and beyond including the United States, Canada and United Kingdom; 2) How to get the most out of newspaper articles and use the extracted information for research breakthroughs; 3) Which tools work best for capturing both newspaper images and text; and 4) How to find unusual sections of newspapers for clues in finding ancestors. Presented by Michelle Patient and Thomas MacEntee. Regular price $12.99, now just $6.49! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Research Right: Tracking and Evaluating Your Genealogy Research: Do you struggle with tracking your genealogy research and staying organized? Do you have trouble finding an image or document you downloaded last week? And what about source citations . . . do you panic when it comes time to document your research? You are not alone. More and more genealogists and family historians have a strong desire to break bad habits and research using more efficient methods. The Research Right Boot Camp offers a simple way to track research, cite sources and analyze data before it gets added to your genealogy database software. Through this special Boot Camp you’ll learn not just better research habits but tips and tricks to become a better researcher. Presented by Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee. Regular price $12.99, now just $6.49! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Scrivener II: Beyond the Basics: Are you ready to take your Scrivener skills to the next level? Perhaps you have been exploring how to use this combination word processor and project management tool for your genealogy/family history writing projects. Now, it’s time to build on the introductory instruction of the Getting Started with Scrivener Mini Boot Camp and tap into the true power of Scrivener. Presented by Lisa Alzo. Regular price $9.99, now just $4.99! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Self-Publishing Survival Guide: Are you all ready to publish on your own, but you don’t know where to start and have these questions? 1) What is the best self-publishing platform for me and my book? 2) Should I use a service that handles book cover design, marketing and more . . . or can I really do this all on my own? 3) Should I have a print version and an e-book version? 4) What are the formatting and document preparation requirements for both print and e-book self-publishing? Presented by Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee. Regular price $12.99, now just $6.49! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
- Taming Your Inner Packrat: Genealogy Clutter Buster: Are you drowning in a sea of papers, documents, old photographs and other research materials? Feeling like a family history hoarder? If you want to start the New Year off right as a more efficient and organized genealogist, then you won’t want to miss this genealogy mini boot camp. Author, lecturer, and instructor, Lisa A. Alzo will show you how to purge your inner packrat and bust through the clutter. Presented by Lisa Alzo. Regular price $9.99, now just $4.99! Click HERE for more information and to purchase.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.