Today is Wednesday, 5 March 2014 and here are some recent finds and discoveries to help you hack genealogy!
- Mobile App for Find A Grave: Find A Grave Mobile App for iOS Now Available (via Ancestry.com).
- FamilySearch Introduces Source Tracker: It’s Now Easier Than Ever to Track Your Ancestors in the US Census Records (via FamilySearch Blog)
- Tech Talk: Interesting how the vocabulary of outmoded technology can remain in our lexicon. 9 Old-Fashioned Tech Terms You Still Use Today (via Mashable).
- Free Genealogy Webinars: The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will start offering free webinars related to genealogy. U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services to Hold Online Webinars (via Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter).
New Apps, Features, Gadgets and Websites – Oh My!
- Apps: 12 Apps to Connect Long-Distance Family Members (via Mashable).
- Are You Still Using Windows XP?: The end is near – as soon as 8 April 2014 is when Microsoft will stop supporting XP. Your version will still work but it will not be able to receive updates especially those related to security. It’s The End Of Days For Windows XP – Microsoft Will Send Pop-up Reminders (via makeuseof).
- Free Photo Edit: Check out our review of Repixl and register (free) to get a free photo edit/retouching valued up to $15!
©2014, copyright Thomas MacEntee
Social tagging: Cool GenStuff