Today is Monday, 2 September 2013 and here are some recent finds and discoveries to help you hack genealogy!
- Family History Expos News: Family History Expos has decided to not hold its 2014 events in Mesa, Arizona and St. George, Utah but will be focusing its attentions instead on RootsTech 2014. Read more here.
- Recent Ancestry.com Outages: With this past weekend’s increased traffic due to free immigration records access, here is A Message from Scott Sorensen – Chief Technology Officer about some recent outages and server issues at Ancestry.com.
- Handwriting: A very interesting article and some nice apps related to handwriting!
The future of handwriting (via The Next Web).
- Got Old Tech?: 6 Tech Relics Still Sold in Stores (via Mashable)
- Windows: Can you believe that Windows XP still had over 33% of the Windows market? Windows 8 rockets to 7.41% market share as Windows XP falls below 35% mark (via The Next Web)
New Apps, Features and Websites – Oh My!
- Cloud Computing: 3 Essential Tips for Using the Cloud (via Mashable)
- More Cloud Computing: Copy Files Between Dropbox, Google Drive & SkyDrive (via Digital Inspiration)
Technology for Genealogy Group on Facebook
Visit the Technology for Genealogy on Facebook group for these new discussions:
- Ancestry Trees: How do you cope with a large tree on Ancestry.com? Is there a way to split it up?
- Preserving Oral History: What are people using for preserving and recording interviews with family members?
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee
Social tagging: Cool GenStuff