Today is Friday, 9 May 2014 and here are some recent finds and discoveries to help you hack genealogy!
- FamilySearch Records Update: FamilySearch Adds More Than 5.4 Million Images to Collections from England, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Spain, and the United States (via FamilySearch).
- International Day of Spanish Indexing: On Saturday 17 May 2014, FamilySearch will be hosting a special initiative – an indexing marathon of Spanish language records! Click here for more information.
- Mocavo Free Access: Mocavo is offering free access to its premium databases starting at 10:00 am MDT today through midnight Monday 12 May 2014 in celebration of Mother’s Day. In addition, check out the new collection of over 1,000 Navy Cruise Books now available!
- MyHeritage Sale: This Mother’s Day weekend, MyHeritage is offering a coupon for 30% off an annual subscription – use the code MOTHERS. Click here for more information.
- Privacy and Security: Has Your Online Security Been Breached? 6 Signs That Say It Has (via makeuseof)
New Apps, Features, Gadgets and Websites – Oh My!
- Privacy Badger: Developed by the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Privacy Badger alerts you when third party pop ups and trackers are collecting your information and disables those snoopers! (via makeuseof).
- Ooberdocs: Ooberdocs Takes Incoming Email Attachments And Copies Them Into Your Dropbox Account (via TechCrunch).
- Digital Storytelling: Adobe Launches Standalone Storytelling App for iPad (via Mashable).
©2014, copyright Thomas MacEntee
Social tagging: Cool GenStuff