Today is Friday, 15 November 2013 and here are some recent finds and discoveries to help you hack genealogy!
- Ancestry: A great review of apps to capture family stories during the holidays. Getting High Tech for Holiday Storytelling.
- Billion Graves: A new partnership between Billion Graves and MyHeritage makes 6 million headstone records more accessible to MyHeritage’s 75 million users. Read more here.
- FamilySearch Update: FamilySearch Adds More Than 3.2 Million Indexed Records and Images to Collections from Austria, Brazil, Italy, South Africa, and the United States. Read more here.
- Genealogy Writing Boot Camp: Genealogy authors and educators Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee join forces to help you get started writing your family history! This half day event includes webinars, handouts, freebies and a year’s access to recorded videos. Click here for more information!
- MyHeritage: MyHeritage has enhanced its technology and now you can extract information from historical records into multiple profiles on your family tree, in one click! Read more here.
New Apps, Features, Gadgets and Websites – Oh My!
- Google Books: Google triumphs in book scanning copyright case, judge rules it beneficial (via The Next Web).
- Photos: Impala is a new iOs app that lets you sort and label photos on your device automatically – and it is free!
- Screen Captures: TechSmith Snagit – A Chrome-based Screen Capture Tool (via Free Technology for Teachers).
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee
Social tagging: Cool GenStuff