Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events and webinars (“Boot Camp”) are produced by Hack Genealogy. Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully BEFORE you make payment and register for any Hack Genealogy Boot Camp event. By registering for a Hack Genealogy Boot Camp event (“Boot Camp”), a registrant (“Registrant”) agrees to the following terms and conditions:
Registration and Payment
- Registrant will be asked to first pay the Boot Camp registration fee via PayPal prior to registering for each webinar taking place as part of a specific Boot Camp event.
- Registrant does not need a PayPal account to make payment; Registrant can use a valid credit card or, if Registrant has an active PayPal account, other forms of payment.
- Refunds will be allowed up until forty-eight (48) hours prior to the Boot Camp event start time.
Boot Camp will use the GoToWebinar platform from Citrix. GoToWebinar is a commonly used webinar platform within the genealogy and family history community. To learn more, visit http://www.gotomeeting.com/online/webinar/webinar-support.
Webinar Log-In Information
Webinar log-in information will be sent to each Registrant’s provided e-mail address prior to the start of each confirmed webinar: one (1) day before the webinar and one (1) hour before the webinar. This will also serve as the notice of webinar confirmation. A password will be required to access each webinar.
Webinar log-in information is not to be shared. Attendance will be confirmed periodically during the webinar and matched up to the list of Registrants. Any participant not identified as having paid and registered will be blocked from the webinar and barred from future Boot Camp events.
Exclusive of any free handouts (“freebies”) provided at the discretion of a Presenter, each Registrant will receive a download link to access a handout as a PDF file consisting of at least four (4) pages. The handout link will be made available within a twenty four (24) hour period before the first webinar and will be posted in the webinar information panel during each webinar.
Webinar Broadcasting and Recording
Registrants are prohibited from creating their own recording of any webinar or portion of Boot Camp. In addition, Registrants are prohibited from staging a “broadcast event” where the webinar is broadcast to a live audience such as at a genealogy society meeting. Organizations wishing to broadcast a Hack Genealogy Boot Camp event, should contact email@example.com to discuss discount rates for broadcast.
It is the responsibility of Registrant to know the start time of each webinar offered during Boot Camp. Each webinar will start promptly at the advertised time and each presentation will last sixty (60) minutes with a question & answer period of up to thirty (30) minutes.
Connection and Technical Difficulties
Hack Genealogy is not responsible for any connection difficulties on the part of Registrant. Visit http://support.citrixonline.com/en_us/gotomeeting/help_files/gtm140010 to test a computer connection.
Limited Number of Registrants
The GoToWebinar platform used as a part of Boot Camp can only accommodate one hundred (100) Registrants. All Registrants who successfully pay and register are guaranteed a spot at each webinar during a specific Boot Camp event.
IMPORTANT: Please read the cancellation policy carefully before you register and pay for a Boot Camp event!
- There will be no refunds for cancellations within forty-eight (48) hours of the Boot Camp event start time. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Refund requests made no later than forty-eight (48) hours of the Boot Camp event start time will be honored.
- Depending upon the payment process, refunds may take up to 60 days through Paypal or Registrant’s credit card company.
- Hack Genealogy reserves the right to cancel any webinar at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or if the GoToWebinar service is unavailable. Hack Genealogy shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of the consequence of such cancellation. In the event that Hack Genealogy decides to cancel one or more of the webinars, Registrants will be automatically transferred to the next available webinar of similar nature. If requested, Registrant is also entitled to receive a full refund.
All handout materials are copyrighted by their respective authors with all rights reserved. The instructors/authors work hard to create each handout (each one can take up to 20 hours of time to write and format). Handouts are for the personal use of Registrants who have paid their Boot Camp registration. Registrants are asked not to post handouts in whole or in part or as a file anywhere on the Internet or print and distribute the handouts. Please respect copyright.
Each webinar will be recorded and made available to attendees no later than forty-eight (48) hours after the start of the respective webinar. Each Registrant will receive an email with information about accessing the recordings. A password will be required to access the recording and the recording cannot be copied or downloaded; the recording must be viewed on the webpage via hyperlink sent to each registrant.
Boot Camp Content
Hack Genealogy reserves the right to repackage and re-purpose and or all Boot Camp content including, but not limited to, licensing content such as recordings and handouts, to other third parties.
Hack Genealogy is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, of handout materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to access webinar content on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. Hack Genealogy is not responsible for any injury or damage to Registrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from accessing any materials during Boot Camp.
By participating in a Boot Camp event, Registrant agrees to release and hold Hack Genealogy and all Presenters harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with Boot Camp content and events.
©2013, copyright Thomas MacEntee