Another Special Genealogy Sale!
On Wednesday, July 29th, at 1:00 pm Central, my colleague Lisa Alzo will present a FREE webinar entitled Storyboard Your Family History sponsored by Legacy Family Tree Webinars. Click here to register!
In honor of this special event, Lisa has decided to offer the Scrivener Mini Boot Camp recording at a never-before available price of 30% OFF!
You can get the Personal version of the Scrivener Mini Boot Camp for just $4.95 instead of the full price of $6.95. The sale also applies to the Commercial version of the Boot Camps which means for just $13.95, your genealogy society or organization can broadcast a webinar at an upcoming meeting . . . and you get the handouts as well! HURRY! Offer expires on 31 July 2015.
Click here to go to the Store and start shopping!
Scrivener Mini Boot Camp
Just what is this program called Scrivener* that everyone keeps talking about? And how can you use it for your genealogy and family history projects? Scrivener by is a combination word processor and project management tool that’s affordable and simple to use. Priced under $50, this powerful application seamlessly takes you from idea to outline to finished product. Whether you are a blogger, an aspiring author, or a genealogist looking to share your family history findings, Scrivener can help you plot, organize, and publish your writing.
Already using Scrivener? You might be surprised at even some of the “secrets” you may not know that are important for a solid understanding of how to make Scrivener work for you. Here’s what you’ll get from this new Boot Camp:
- Learn all the basics you will need to get up and running with Scrivener, including how to start, edit, and format a genealogy/family history writing project using Scrivener’s built-in templates.
- Review the key components of the Scrivener interface, and its four main modes: Outline, Document View, Corkboard, and Scrivenings.
- Get practical tips for using Scrivener to “storyboard” your family history.
- Learn how to store notes, citations, images, and research materials and use keyboard shortcuts and Quick Command keys to access many of Scrivener’s main functions and project and interface shortcuts right from your keyboard.
- Briefly review the options for compiling your finished draft for printing or exporting for final formatting.
* NOTE: It is highly recommended that you download the free trial version of Scrivener (Available for Mac or Windows) in order to maximize your learning experience. Visit the Literature and Latte web store at http://www.getscrivener.com for your free trial.
What’s in a Hack Genealogy Boot Camp Digital Download?
Each of the past Boot Camp sessions have been recorded and the PDF handouts have been added to create a digital “bundle.” Once you make your purchase, you’ll receive links and a secret password to access the handouts and to download the webinar videos.
You also can come back as many times as you want over a one year period to review the materials. This is a good way to refresh your memory on certain concepts or to restart a project.
The Personal version of these digital downloads is meant for personal use. If you want to use the digital downloads for your genealogy society, then purchase the Commercial version which allows for a one time broadcast of each webinar plus permission to print and distribute the PDF handouts to your audience.
Use Promo Code STORYBOARD
To take advantage of this sale, just use the promo code STORYBOARD when you check out. The 30% discount will be applied just before you make payment. Use promo code STORYBOARDC for the commercial version.
Offer expires after 31 July 2015.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.